Back in February 2022, we wrote an article informing our readers about the upcoming changes in payment gateways to ensure all websites are now offering Secure Customer Authentication (SCA). This was a huge shift in the way payment gateways process online transactions with one primary goal in mind, to reduce fraud from online transactions.
Whilst the transition for some payment gateways has not been as smooth as it could have been, the need for the change to happen is clear. In 2020 Fraudulent Transactions in the UK hit a record high of £159.7 million.
Over the last few months, eckhoMedia has been working with a range of our web design clients to assist with these industry wide changes.
Some payment gateways have simply not been fast enough to update plugins or make the necessary changes to hosted payment processing pages. Because of this, we had to weather the storm of problems these changes have caused and eckhoMedia is now proud to recommend Stripe as our preferred payment gateway to all of our eCommerce web design clients.
- Stripe is an all in one payment gateway that is regularly updated to ensure it is always compliant with our client’s website requirements
- It offers to process credit/debit card payments as standard but where it stands out is that it can also process Apple Pay, Google Pay, Afterpay/Clearpay, Klarna, and many more
- The Stripe interface is very clean and easy to use for reporting and transaction monitoring, quickly highlighting if any transactions have had any issues
- Stripe transaction fees are very competitive with all other payment gateways available on the market and in some cases much cheaper
How can we help?
- If you already have an eCommerce website and looking to switch to Stripe, we can assist in installing and configuring the stripe payment gateway on your website
- If you are looking to start a new web design project, we can assist with all your project requirements from, web design, eCommerce web development, social media and SEO marketing, payment gateway integration, and after-sales support.
If you are having problems with your website or payment gateways feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.