We often get asked what is “managed web hosting”, and why should a client host their website with us. When we build a website we always ensure it is built to modern coding standards, the core code is quick and efficient and there is no bloat or unnecessary plugins or code blocks that the website doesn’t need.
To ensure clients websites are hosted in the right way we recommend clients use our managed web hosting service for a variety of reasons:
- Our hosting servers are UK based meaning our UK based clients have an SEO advantage over cheap hosting companies that can house your website anywhere in the world. If you are UK based so should your website.
- Our hosting servers are super fast, we invest in the most modern and up to date hosting servers on high end hardware so clients websites are as fast loading as they can possibly be. Your website won’t be sharing web space with thousands of other websites and running slow as a result, something you will see with cheap hosting companies.
- We don’t just host your website, our managed hosting service ensures your website is always up to date, it is secure with our security addons and FREE SSL certificate, our monitoring system is installed to alert us should the website ever go down, we setup your website on Google Analytics and Google Search Console, we run regular virus and malware scans on your website, your website is backed up daily and our server is fully PCI DSS compliant. We do more than just host your website!
- We have direct and quick access to make any amendments, changes or additions to the code. When the website is stored elsewhere this process is slowed down and can make life difficult.
- Depending on the web hosting package we plant one, two or three trees per client per month to help the environment and reduce our carbon footprint.
We say to clients let us worry about your website so you can focus on your business, with our years of experience we can take care of the technical jargon and leave clients to get on with generating business. One of our business aims is to form long term business relationships and we have succeeded on this year after year, many of our clients have been with us since we started back in 2008 and we continue to this day, we are trusted to host their important websites that generate leads, sales and interest day in day out, 24,7,365.
But I can get hosting for £4.99 a month!? Yes you can get your website hosted for less than an expensive coffee per month, but you will not have any support, you will not have any backups, no updates, basic security, the website will be shared with thousands of other customers and you won’t get our great customer service and all the extras that come with that.
We have optimised our web servers for WordPress and OpenCart, our two main platforms of choice when we provide our web design service, we are happy to take on new clients who already have a website on one of these platforms, and even more happy to discuss a new website or website rebuild.